OT9 Design was commissioned to renovate an early 90’s-era home located along the Hillsborough River. Renovations on the three story structure included a remodeling of the indoor kitchen and two bedrooms, and the additions of an outdoor kitchen and a connector from the outdoor living space to the riverside.
- Design of an innovative, contemporary gourmet kitchen
- Self-confessed non-visional client – utilized a systematic approach – breaking big ideas and concepts down to singular action items, enhanced client understanding by showing 3d models, using actual materials, etc.
- Evolving scope of work – managing action items, timeline and budget to keep with changes. Introduced a story concept to integrate what we believe space should look like with what client envisions
- Dealing with an existing structure built in the early 90s, integrating 20th century technologies and materials while maintaining the integrity of the original structure.
- Increased kitchen space from 300 to 1200 square feet (indoor and outdoor)
- Better flow space (original and new) for entertaining, cooking, daily events
- Better access to riverside and dock via connector
- Solar panels for energy reduction and pool heating, reclaimed wood for finishes, attempting to create micro climates for different areas of activity such as stairs, pool, and outdoor living space